Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Descriptive Writing

We have been working on our descriptive writing. 
We are learning to use activated nouns, our senses and metaphors and similes to paint a picture for our audience.

We have been writing about summer this week (Check out Miss Drayson's Writing page on the class site for our writing inspiration)

Here are some opening sentences we wrote to show our audience it is summer time.


Sunblock melts down my arms as the pressure burns through my bones.

Just before the dew rose from the grass, the two brothers grabbed their home made wheelers and headed for the forest.
(what time of day is Jack talking about?)

sunblock melts down my arms like the cool river.


Keep an eye out on the blogs for the complete stories






2 comments:

  1. Hi Kowhai Team, I am Alla's Mum. I am in Singapore right now and it's nearly always summer weather here. It wasn't as hot here yesterday as it has been in Morrinsville though. I will be going to Kuala Lumpur tonight. Do you know where that is? Special Hi to Alla. Hope everyone swimming at Districts today had an awesome time and you all have a great week.

    ReplyDelete